Friday, July 10, 2009

How To Fix A Battered Credit Score

Credit repair takes time, discipline, and a lot of hard work. I know sometimes when unexpected things happen, our credit scores take a nose dive. The good news is, it is repairable, and having an action plan helps a lot. Here are a few questions that you need to ask yourself in order to start credit repair.

  • How much debt do I have?. If you have a lot, then please, pay them down.
  • How many of my bills are unpaid? I guess you know what I’ll say here. Yes, pay em!
  • Have I recently faced a major financial challenge such as bankruptcy?
  • Have I defaulted on a loan, failed to pay taxes, or recently got reported to a collections agency?
  • Do I have enough credit history to be able to establish a good credit score?

Once you've identified the factors that are making your credit score low, then you can make up a credit repair action plan that will address those factors. You might want to seek help from experts when developing your credit repair action plan since this is not something that you want to be making a mistake on. It’s always better to have someone that “knows” on your side.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment